how to perform in music for all Live Showcases presented by Yamaha
Music for All Live Showcase participation open to all genres of school music ensembles: from marching bands and concert bands, to orchestras, choirs, percussion ensembles, color guards, chamber ensembles, jazz bands, mariachi, and more.
Register Your Ensemble
Sample performance screen, featuring Broken Arrow H.S., OK from the 2018 Grand National Championships as our example performing ensemble.
Sample title screen, featuring Bourbon County H.S., KY from Bands of America Championsnnhips, as our example performing ensemble.
Performance-Based-Option 1: Live Performance, Feedback, and Viewing
$200 per ensemble per performance online without feedback
$375 per ensemble per performance online with feedback from up to three evaluators
Ensembles will be able to share their performance by connecting with Music for All to stream a live performance from their campus, or other remote venue. We encourage you and your students to embrace any temporary constraints as an opportunity for unique performances. Singers and dancers with percussion ensemble, jazz ensemble with color guard, mixed instrumentation.
The number of clinicians and makeup of the panel providing feedback will vary by type of ensemble.
Students, parents, and fans from across the country will be able to view your live performances in real time, with a nominal virtual ticket price. We hope this connection will allow for your groups’ efforts to be appreciated by wider audiences.
Live Showcases SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Saturday, October 10, 2020
- Saturday, October 17, 2020
- Saturday, October 24, 2020
Register Your Ensemble
Technical Requirements for Live Performances
Participating groups are responsible for the equipment necessary to capture their live performance and sending the live stream to Music for All via Zoom. Music for All staff are available to assist you remotely in preparing and testing in advance.
- Video: one single “high-cam” view is all that is necessary, although groups may choose a more elaborate setup if desired. You can use a webcam , GoPro or even your iPhone or Android device for video capture.
- Platform: we will connect with you via Zoom, or other similar web conferencing platforms.
There are no limitations to what you can send us if you would like to add any addition aspects of production such as microphones, additional cameras etc.
Live Showcase Procedures & Flow:
- Times will be communicated after enrollment and at least 10 days in advance of each event
- Performances have no minimum length, and can be up to 11 minutes
- Groups may choose to select if they would like to have clinician feedback or just perform
- We are able to utilize sequential time blocks to allow multiple groups or subgroups from the same school
- Additional times or days may be added to accommodate groups based on demand and schedules